Tuesday 01 May 2012
Boris Johnson has today launched his full manifesto.
Touring the north, south, east and west of the capital, he outlined his 9 point plan to secure Greater London’s future, including putting 1,000 more police on the beat and 2,000 more in Safer Neighbourhood Teams, delivering 200,000 new jobs over the next four years, cutting the Mayor’s share of council tax by 10% and reducing tube delays 30 per cent by 2015, building Crossrail and orbital rail to link to our suburbs and extending the bike hire scheme.
Boris Johnson said:
‘This election comes when we have been going through the toughest times that anyone can remember.
‘The big question is therefore blindingly simple. It is about who has the best plan for the jobs and growth that will help bring prosperity to all. It is about who will deliver the investment – from central government – that will take London forward. It is about who you can trust to spend that money wisely – and who will be honest with you about where the money is coming from, and how it is spent.’
‘I believe my 9 point plan is right for the future of the greatest city on earth.’
Notes to Editor:
Read the full manifesto here: www.backboris2012.com/manifesto
Boris Johnson’s 9 point plan for a Greater London:
1. Cutting waste at City Hall – freeing up £3.5 billion for services
2. Putting £445 back in your pocket by freezing the Mayoral share of council tax and cutting it by at least 10% if re-elected
3. Creating 200,000 new jobs over the next four years
4. Making our streets and homes safer with1,000 more police on the beat
5. Restoring 300 acres of green space and planting 20,000 street trees
6. Investing £221 million to transform local high streets, supporting small businesses
7. Ensuring a true Olympic legacy – 11,000 new homes and 10,000 new jobs
8. Reducing Tube delays 30% by 2015. Building Crossrail and orbital rail to link our suburbs. Extending the Bike Hire scheme
9. Securing a better deal for London from No 10
« Back to Newsroom
Recent Press Releases(03 May)
JOHNSON: EVERY VOTE COUNTS – BACK ME TODAY. FOR GREATER LONDON. FOR THE FUTURE.
JOHNSON: MY MANIFESTO FOR LONDONERS
A OPEN LETTER FROM BORIS JOHNSON TO LONDONERS
JOHNSON: 1,000 APPRENTICESHIPS A WEEK
JOHNSON: CREDIBLE, POSITIVE PLANS AT A CRITICAL ELECTION
BORIS JOHNSON STATEMENT ON SITUATION IN NEWHAM